Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Mount Isa: The roadtrip seems endless


Mount Isa
 I am now @ Mount Isa. Which is the “biggest” city on the route between Katherine and Cairns, but without any mountain. Also very exactly in the middle, speaking of KM’s, between these two cities. Only 1200 km’s left to each place. However, I will finish them the next two days! The last two days I only made the most important stops, like eating, sleeping and make some pictures. Even there is absolutely NOTHING to see except desert, grass and sand, the scenery is magnificent. The roads seem so long lasting and never ending. They reach until the beginning of the horizon and as far the eye can reach.

Easiest way to drive so long was ,when I put myself in some kind of autopilot, without thinking anything and just existing in a basic shape of a human being – and the hours flew like minutes ..haha!

Just some minutes ago I stopped at a roadhouse, having a foot bath and booked the flight from Cairns to Papua New Guinea. I will depart on Monday next week. Actually, I already searched for a way to change the flight dates, cause Monday is so very soon. So I think I will contact the customer care of the airline, to see if I can change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment