Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Darwin: Arriving and relax a bit!

Finally managed to cut the beard little bit ..:D! I guess for the first time since im here in Australia, Im able to relax for the next few days. Yesterday by night, I arrived in Darwin and I was so done. Completely tired and dirty and powerless – at the end with the nerves. All I wanted was getting a shower and have sleep. In Darwin CBD I didn’t find any accommodation which had available space. Just some dorm beds. So I decided to find a quite place to get my shower from my campshower and sleep for another night in the paji. Both wasn’t actually that easy. Especially finding sleep in that crazy heat without any wind was pretty hard.

By now, im in a nice campground/caravanpark and some minutes ago, I built up the tent for the first time :D! Excited how sleeping is in there. Ahh and, nooo insects here. Don’t know how they achieved to get such a fly-and-mosquito-free place! But if they hunt me again, im prepared! I have upgraded my equipment with a super-duper anti mosquito spray, which makes them immediately fly away when smelling it!!

So for some days I will stay here, relax, fish, enjoy the city and plan the next days and weeks! 

Thankfully I didn’t have problems with the car in that desert or other lost places the last few days. That would be a problem .. a not so funny one! Cause out there wont work any mobile phone. Some people have satellite phones. When you have a prob you just can be lucky that someone with the sat-phone is snowing by!

Im going now watching, for the second time, if there is water in the showers. Last time they didn’t have :D! Then I will go for a walk outside the campground to find a restaurant where I can fill my empty stomach! Just had some canned pink salmon and some toast today.

No comments:

Post a Comment