Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Kakadu: Is it overrated?

Huuuhh! Finally I found a campground in kakadu, where im able to sleep, shower and have internet connection. But it’s a very godforsaken place here. Theres absolutely nobody else on the campground – not even something like a reception or so – nothing. Just a ranger passed some hours ago to collect the camp fee. Around me its pitch black dark and I just can see my computer monitor and from time to time, I hear in the bushes some kangaroos hopping some meters away from me.
But I think all campgrounds are basically safe. And my conclusion is, that the official campgrounds are probably more dangerous than any unofficial wildcamping spot. Cause if I would be a robber, then I would first roam around the official camp grounds to find any things to steal, before searching somewhere beside the road in a remote place…  

Kakadu… yeah, ehm, actually I expected little bit more and honestly, I am a little bit disappointed. The “jim jim falls” waterfall is nice, even there was no water falling from the waterfall..haha! Kakadu is nicer than the Nitmiluk or Litchfield NP, but … anyway.. tomorrow is another day here (the last one) and then i will again hit the road for some kilometers. Next big destination will be cairns, which is about 3000 km away..!!

I wish it would rain here little bit too. I didn’t see rain for about 1.5 months.


Have to get now in to the Pajiero. The mosquitos are getting wild all around me!

No comments:

Post a Comment