Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

East Timor: Best BBQ ever

Im back now in Darwin and on the way already to kakadu. It’s the most famous nationalpark in Australia. This morning I had the early morning departure from timor and I felt all day long so tired and powerless! Some minutes ago I finished the bbq beside the Pajiero and feel now much better.

Its very hot here in darwin and in East Timor I bought mozzie net, which I hung around the paji, so that I can sleep with open windows. Otherwise I would die! I also bought a mosquito killer badminton racket. The rackets which are electrical loaded and when a mosquito or other insect flies into, it get killed by a lightning! :D! Im using it right now while writing and there were already a few dozen insects sent to heaven… ! Of course I was excited if it does anything to human and touched in it – I can tell now, YES, it does “something” to human…hehe
 
Back to East Timor. Some people in the campground asked me if East Timor is dangerous? East Timor WAS a very violent place. But as of now, as the soldiers said which I have talked to, it seems to be safe. Unfortunately the UN is leaving East Timor by the end of this year, and lots of locals are afraid that the Indonesian underground terrorists come back to fight again against east timor.

In East Timor i saw these houses on several villages along the road. All i knew about the little houses in the picture is, that it is for those people like a church, as they have their own religion.
 
Very nice also was the beach promenade in Dili, with all these people sitting and eating. Every evening the locals build up their BBQ grills. They sell many different grilled fishes, chicken and porks to anyone. Beside they just serve some kind of yellow rice with a special herb. Mmmhh, it tastes so awesome and I ate so much of it, that there was no millimeter more space in my stomach..:)!!
 
The diving was great! Those corals are very healthy there and untouched by mass tourists and divers. I put some pics in attachement. Just the dive guide was an idiot! He has chosen a divespot, where we divers all had to walk into the water above sharp stones and corals. As I didn’t have any neoprene (just the dive-shirt, swim shorts and was barefoot), I got probably more scratches that day than anybody else and looked like a street dog with all the scratches! And even these corals there weren’t poisoness, they left back very itchy parts and scratches on my legs and arms. Arrgh, such a stupid, uneducated and useless diveguide :D. I want go back and punch him !!!





No comments:

Post a Comment