Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Kakadu: The last day


Gunlum Lookout in Kakadu
This last day in Kakadu I got up at 5:30 and made my way to the Gunlum lookout. That was indeed the nicest place I have seen all over Kakadu. Its a 1km hiking trail up to a mountain and on the top there are several natural pools, a few footstep above the edge and the waterfall, which falls down about 100 meters! So when I was pissing into the water, it flew with the waterfall all the way down into the bottom pool!

Now im in back in Katherine. The place where the zombies are alive. Seriously, now im the second time in this place and these aboriginal people here scare me.  I dont have anything about aboriginal people and actually its very interesting to talk to them. But here in Katherine, they are different than in other places. They seem to be drunk all day long and always walk the same routes around the mall and on the streets. And they are shouting around all the time! Then they stop and talk to their zombie friends before continue their slow drunken-style walking to the next corner!
However, I will leave here tomorrow (Sunday) and put myself on the savannah way, which is probably the shortest way (in KMs) to cairns. The negative about it is, that most of it is gravel road and there aren’t many food courts or similar in that area :D! Also im not sure if there is cellphone signal….! Also im not sure how many days I will need until im in the next bigger place. Oh and its not 3000 km anymore – just about 2400 until cairns …:D!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment