Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

East Timor: With motorbike on hiking trails

I came back today from the motorbike tour and it was awesome, but very exhausting! These roads are more worse than those in the Philippines :)! Lot parts are sealed, but even under that circumstance there could be every meter a huge whole in the road, which becomes visible ten meters before. I said hello to a lot of them, but thankfully I didn’t fall. And seriously, some parts of the road were literaly trekking trails where I had to wheel the motorbike beside me! Its like a wonder that the motorbike is still working.. haha!! The distances itself was just about 450 Km one way, but with these road conditions being always concentrated to the highest was the hardest part.

Baucau
The overnight-stop I made in Baucau. Its the second "largest" city after Dili and has a about 3 guesthouses in poor condition and one luxury accomodation. So infront of the hotel i parked my motorbike and one second later a group of small boys stood around me and the vehicle. They asked questions, acted very nervous with an obvious intention to grab anything that is not observed by myself. That was finally the point where my watch got robbed. Well, at least they didnt steal the motorbike...

Jaco Island - east corner in East Timor
Anyway, I spent just one day in Bacau. But somehow I had the strange feeling that white people are either very welcomed and people were very friendly to me, but on the other side there were a few groups that shouted bad tand agressive things to me while I passed them.

My main destination was in east East-Timor in the corner. The name is Tutuala and the island beside is Jaco Island. I met two guys from spain there, which were professional photographers and gave me some cool insights in their technics. Tourists are so seldom here in east-timor. I guess I saw about 5 of them, since im here! Instead there are many UN-soldiers everywhere. These guys are driving like mad ones along the streets with their 4wd’s. And on the same day I was on Jaco Island, there was this group of Portuguese UN soldiers, having their days off. Those guys behave like animals with drinking and shouting – but in a friendly way :)!


Tomorrow I’ll go diving. Im excited, cause East Timor is said to have some of the nicest and widely unexplored dive spots in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment