Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Cairns: Arriving in Cairns

On thursday evening i finally arrived in cairns. On the way to here it was so very hot and I also passed the hottest area in Queensland. They had about 43 degrees in the shadow!! ^^! Even I had 3 days full of driving, the time and the KM’s flew away like nothing. And there were in particular very very very few cars that I have crossed along the way. I would assume there weren’t much more cars than about 50, all along the 2400 km’s in the outback.


Cairns City Centre

Sitting now in the campground somewhere close to the cairns city centre, and drinking my ice coffee. Actually this campground is completely different than the one in Darwin. Here are about 200% more campers around …:)! Yes, its somehow too much! Beside the parking slot, I just have a few meters to the next camper. As I don’t have much stuff and cause im sleeping in the Pajiero anyway, I don’t bother much. The more annoying thing is, that here are so many german speaking people, that you might think “why the hell am I back in europe?”

These days im just trying to get as much information as possible about Papua New Guinea. On monday I will leave there for two weeks (until November 19) and I have to read a “small” book until then. As they are poor developed, I think I will have probs to find internet when im there. So I need to get it all before. Also it seems that I wont be able to just get a motorbike in port Moresby and drive around like a mad one. Cause there is, as it seems like, no street that connects the capital city to the rest of the country. So I first have to figure out where exactly I wanna dive and where I wanna travel there, and then, if I need to get another domestic flight.

Oh before i forget (which would probably be better), I had a crash with the Pajiero yesterday…. It was a light signal and I drove into the car in front of me. As my car luckily has a bullbar mounted, it didn’t damage anything. But the other car… was little bit damaged. Dam it.. !!!:( I have to pay it!



No comments:

Post a Comment