Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Katherine: The Nitmiluk NP

Finished with Nitmiluk&Co :D! Was there this morning and most of it was just walking or better said, hiking. It has some nice billabongs where people can swim. But - i dont like the thought, swimming the same pool with the chance hitting onto a saltwater croc.

I just did about 3 kilometres of hiking in Nitmiluk, cause it was too hot.

Yesterday evening I camped somewhere beside a road beside the wilderness and meanwhile I have to smile how the procedures works after the sun goes down. As long the sun is up, the flyes are so annoying and after the sun is down, the mosquitos start their work. It like a shift change ..hehe¨! And the darker it gets it louder gets out there in the bushes! I was sitting there and listened to the sound and noises they make and the darker and later it got, the noisier it went and the more I had the feeling the animals in there come closer and closer to me – i felt as I was in a trap …:)! No idea what creatures were doing out there, but it got soo loud and I decided to move in the Pajiero. :)

After writing (here in mcdonnaldJ), I will move on to the north. To the Litchfield NP, which is close to Darwin. Probably I will spend about two days there, before heading up to Darwin. 

Today I will again grilling some meat! Beef again! But it has another shape than the other ones before, so it a little bite a change..hehe!! Hopefully I can go fishing around the Litchfield NP, so that I for the first time can eat my own catched fish…

No comments:

Post a Comment