Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Derby: The poor little Owl

Yesterday evening, it was just about 8pm, when I drove back to broome, I knew that I hit an owl with my car on the way. I hoped that it was dead because I hit her really bad. And a injured owl is like a dead owl in the wilderness. Well she was dead! When I got up this morning and cleaned my teeth, I walked around my car and in the front between the bullbar there was hanging this poor little owl.. haha! But it was not that funny to get the owl out from there! Also when I woke up this morning I was little bit shocked when I looked out of my window. There were some horses walking around the car – just about 10 metres away..:)!

My plan for the next few days is getting from here (Derby) to Kununurra, which is a distance of 700km on the famous Gibb River Road and just recomended for 4wd, cause there are river crossings and soft sand roads with rocks and mudd. My biggest hope is that the car will do it and that the fuel, thath i have with me, is enough. Also I have absolutely no idea how many days it will take to get there. I know that there is no wifi nor mobile access. I hope to be at the end of the road in 3-4 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment