Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Solomon Is: Cyclone's and other troublemakers

My flight from Munda to Honiara on Saturday was canceled because of the Cyclone "Freda". When i arrived at this small hillbilly airport, one guy told me that the flight i canceled and i should come and take a look again on Sunday. Funny guys!!

So I arrived in Honiara on Sunday morning. And I felt sick! My wounds on the legs got infected more and more and my body started having high temperature. I felt dizzy, had headache and felt some kind of cramps in my legs - so it was time to check into the hospital! They gave me a bag of antibiotic pills and I have to take them until the next few days and until the yellow fluid in the wounds is completely gone. As of today I feel very healthy and the wounds look nice and clean already. The cramps are also gone. So this was my second last day of 2012.

Accompanied by fever and the cyclone, with extreme strong n' heavy rain and winds, Ive spent my last day of 2012 with fixing visa expiration issue. After having a met a fomer "brass hat" in the guesthouse in Munda, who organized an appointment for me with another "brass hat" called "Heinz" in Honiara, I thought this problem will be solved in a few minutes. Finally I spent the nearly the whole day in and around the immigration department to clear this. Heinz is in the highest position in the immigration department, but he has no power to change the procedures of the daily business in his department. And the chief of the daily business in the immigration office was the big obstacle. He already knew me when I called him some days ago and as I went little bit aggressive against his beliefs and obstinacy that day. So he insisted that it was all my fault and wanted me to pay the fine or being taken in custody. I didn’t accept his suggestions and went to the next coffee shop to write a complaint. After long forwards and backwards that day, it was nearly closing time in the offices and so "Heinz" decided to pay the fine with the department money.


Now I got my passport back and was ready to join the crowd at a new year's eve event.

No comments:

Post a Comment