Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

New Caledonia: Roadtrip

Cause my leg didnt allow me go diving during the week, I didnt do much except that I roamed around in Noumea, doing sightseeing, some coffee tasting in many different coffee shops, ate many small snacks everywhere and enjoyed watching people rushing around and doing their daily business!

On friday I checked out from the youth-hostel and got a rental car to drive to the northern part of New Cale. So the trip was nice with lots of nickel mountains and mining areas everywhere, but somehow I had many many “déjà vu’s” from the other countries while driving the 900kms.. So the “stunning”moments were very seldom. Anyway, it was definitely worth the driving and a nice experience to see the country and especially its north-south flora and fauna differences. Up in Hienghene, a place in north-east, I went for a 2 dive trip. Cause of the rain and storms the diving conditions haven’t been the best, although it was an interesting dive in and around the caves and reefs with some awesome parts of coral fields.

Today evening I will touch down again in Brisbane, where I will go back to Yvonnes appartement in the Gold Coast. And tomorrow I probably already will start driving my way down to Sydney…. So far the plan :D!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment