Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

New Caledonia: Merde ATM, pourquoi?


Noumea
Here in noumea its actually very nice - they have a McDonalds! Compared to Vanuatu as neighbour country, its is civilizied and clean and tidy! People are wealthy and out of 100 locals, i would say 40  are white. And I didn’t expect so much France-Style everywhere. Its like a little france somewhere out in the pacific. Also they have the typical French cars and restaurants and they all talk French, like in France. And nobody of them really wants to talk English. Like in France.

Yesterday when I arrived, I got a shocking moment. In arriving hall at the airport at about 9pm, I went to the ATM to get money for my pocket! The first ATM didn’t accept my card and spit it out. The second ATM the same. The third ATM the same, but after it spit out the card, it also spit out the 400 USD I asked for. And this was the moment the shock started!!! The ATM spits the money after spiting out the card? The hell!!! I rushed back to the second ATM and tried to find the women who was behind me in the row. Cause I knew she must have taken the money with her! I searched in and outside the airport for a woman which I actually didn’t recognize at all…. I just remembered it was a black and fat woman. So I asked several black and fat women, if she was the one behind me in the row of the ATM. But she wasn’t there - i didnt find her.

So I rushed to the airport security and asked if they can check the security cameras to find out who the woman was. It lasted and lasted and lasted. Finally the security officer who was allowed to see the records was found and after minutes, he found out that the camera didn’t work ….!!! Now my chance to find that woman and get my money back, was like ZERO!

Afterwards I went again to the this second ATM, cause I wanted to be sure that the ATM spits out any money! The ATM talked to me and told me to take my card out and seconds later didn’t spit out any money, these moments made my day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment