Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Queensland East Coast Roads: Yaaaaawwwnn!!

I left cairns yesterday in the afternoon after I went to the garage to pay the final bill for the repair of the damaged car. Thankfully it didn’t came that expensive as I thought it would be – and finally I was able to get another discount. But in summary its of course just too much. Every $ was too much. However, it was my fault... So now im happy having that topic behind me!

After PNG and the "nice" Cairns, im back on the road and first, I have to acclimate myself to the road and the driving again. The scenery is completely different than it was up until Cairns. Until there was a “very special” landscape, made of desert and a kind of a mystical emptiness all around. Along the east coast, it always remembers me driving in Europe. On the route are famous locations like Townsville, Airlie Beach, Rockhampton, Gladstone and Hervey Bay. Famous, but the connecting roads are too european and too boring - its green, has trees, narrow streets, houses beside the road and cows on the willows everywhere :D




No comments:

Post a Comment