Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

New Zealand: Roadtrip North to South

Have now the first 300kms behind me and arrived this late afternoon in Taupo. Wanted to be here
much earlier. Actually it was planned that I got picked up at 10am from the hostel by the shuttle of the car-rental Company. But somehow they managed to forget me. The car Ive received is great. It’s a Subaru Legacy. Didn’t expect such a big one but its alright, so I have more space to sleep and stretch my legs.

This place here, Taupo, is famous for its hot springs and its lake that has the same size as Singapore. While Singapore and New Zealand have about the same amount of citizen, its an interesting perspecitve to imagine when all New Zealanders have to live in the place with the size of this Lake Taupo.

So after arriving here in Taupo and having dinner, I went to the swimming area, where they have steambath and in- and outdoor swimming pools, heated up to 40 degrees. Pure relaxation after driving the half day. The best thing while going to swimming pool facilities is, that they always have hot showers and as my car doesn't have any shower or bathroom installed and i dont want to spend much money on expensive NZ-accomodation.... yes... no comment - but I am now completely relaxed, fresh showered and ready to sleep in the car :D

The New Zealand i have seen so far is somehow really… dry! In reality, as well in metaphorical sense. Somehow I expected wonderful green mountains and a beautiful stunning scenery - like the movie "Lord of the Rings" with its Hobbits shows us. Until now, I didn’t see much of it .. However, I just have seen a little part yet and im already really excited, what the next days bring in!

No comments:

Post a Comment