Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

New Zealand: Chasing McDonalds

Moved on to Wellington, the capital city. Roamed around, explored, made some pictures. Its nice
here! Nice city! Compact, has a nice harbor, two mcdonalds and a huge amount of small restaurants and coffee shops. But here, it isn’t really a city where I would spend more than one/two days. So the next day it was time to change from the North to the South Island of New Zealand. Most common way is by the car Ferry.

After driving all these hundreds of kilometers along the westcoast, passing Westport and Punakaiki, my once not so optimistic view from New Zealand is now completely changed. The more I drive, the more I see the beautiful places, which make new Zealand so famous for! On the way here to greymouth, is especially the coastline an absolute stunner! But also the mountains. Most of mountains here are more like huge rounded hills, covered with grass and where the sheeps do their best to maintain it regularly. Nice nice!

The haunt for the next McDonalds continued and I found it a few hundred kilometeres south along the westcoast. Thankfully they had Internet and power sockets to charge the computer, but after using it for 10 minutes, I got kicked out of McDonalds for the first time in my life :D. As I didn’t order anything and just used the internet, I got approached and forced by the staff to buy something or leave their property immediately. Actually I was shocked, being approached and confronted by a mcdonalds dummy staff and didn’t say much more then a simple “yes”! So I went out to the car and came back with some coins to buy a small bag of fries for 1$..hahaha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment