Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

New Zealand: Ice cold Auckland

Since about 1pm I’m in the hostel here in Auckland City. It’s quite new - just open since September
last year and therefore still everything clean and tidy! The 10 hour flight from Singapore was easier than I expected. I knew that the flight doesn’t provide any complimentary food or drink for Otto's like me. Arrangements initiated - I prepared myself with chicken adobo, biscuits and drinks from Singapore..hehe!! Watched one movie and soon, the sleeping/waking up routine started. But as I had two seats, I was able to try many different positions and combinations, and finally I remember, I found some really good sleep – even it was just a few hours. Arrived in Auckland at 4.30am Singapore-Time, whereas here in New Zealand it already was 9:30am.

AND IT IS COLD HERE!!! Just about 15 degrees and strong cold wind this morning!

This afternoon, after having some minutes of sleep, I already started to roam around the City. Based on what I saw, im little bit disappointed…:D! No, seriously, I knew that Auckland, the biggest city of New Zealand, has just a small business district compared to Sydney or Singapore. But I didn’t expect it so small and, for the first impression, sorry, boring…!! However, maybe I wasn’t just really in the mood this afternoon. Will make my final judgment on Saturday, when I leave Auckland and drive to the south.

Will have the car for 11 days and the plan is to move from Auckland to Wellington and then to the South Island. Following the road to the west coast with the famous glaciers. Further down to Queenstown and Milford Sounds, with its famous Fiordlands. On the bottom of the South Island, heading from westcoast to eastcoast and finally up to Christchurh - where I finally will leave for Fiji.

No comments:

Post a Comment